tirsdag den 17. marts 2020

Birthday greetings. Or: How people can use genre to be just lovely

My daughter, Elisabeth, turns six today. Under the Corona-virus lockdown we don't really have the opportunity to throw her a big party. She had been looking forward to a bash, so it was a bit of a downer. So, I called out across twitter to post pictures and gifs of nice animals for her to enjoy for her birthday.

If you ever need a pick-me-up because people can be awful, here's a little antidote showing that people can be lovely too. 500+ people taking time out to wish a girl they don't know happy birthday with pictures of cute animals. It's really quite overwhelming. Today, the birthday greeting is my favorite genre. Tele-Hugs from me for everyone.

Billede

Update a few hours later: We are now past 700 cuddly "birthday animal pictures". I am getting a very nice sort of genre overload.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar